NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-26-2024, 12:20 AM
R0ck Cund.iff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandom0610 View Post
It doesn't matter if I've been here for 1 day or 10 years. This should be a place where people can make harmless suggestions to try and better this forum. The hobby is ALWAYS evolving and there is NOTHING wrong with trying to improve something. You sound like you're almost threatened by change. I was simply asking a question and my question was very legitimate considering the growing popularity of photo collecting. Don't be stuck in the past man.
Agree! WTF does the length of time being a member have to do with anything? After a "month" you magically become a genius? LMAO, any egos around here?
Old 05-27-2024, 02:45 PM
Brand0n G.re.ene

Lol...I think Leon got PTSD when I mentioned something new.
Old 05-27-2024, 03:36 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Lol...I think Leon got PTSD when I mentioned something new.
We try new things quite often. A seperate photo section just isn't needed. Lets see about 5+ new photo threads a day, in the memorabilia section, and from mostly different members, and we can go from there on making a new section. How about that?

Old 05-27-2024, 03:52 PM
Brand0n G.re.ene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
We try new things quite often. A seperate photo section just isn't needed. Lets see about 5+ new photo threads a day, in the memorabilia section, and from mostly different members, and we can go from there on making a new section. How about that?

Sounds good!
Old 05-27-2024, 03:56 PM
Doug Goodman

Do we need a photo section?

I refer you both to post #7 in this thread for my thoughts on the subject but, just to make it easier, here is my main point (again) :
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
You're right it doesn't matter how long you have been here before you can make suggestions, but it's bad form at the very least to walk into somebody's house and ask if they have ever thought about rearranging the furniture, then being offended when they say they like it they way it is.
This is Leon's house, he finds it comfortable the way it is arranged, but he has still rearranged things to accommodate requests on occasion, even when some of those requests have not been particularly successful (i.e. game used).

If this thread had hundreds (maybe even dozens) of responses saying "YES! we need a photo section" I'm confident that Leon would consider it.

But sadly (for those hoping for a tidal wave of photo section support), this thread has only 39 responses and 28 of them aren't in regards to your original question, they are about your Aaron ball.

Not including Leon's comment, there are six people who have responded to your thread and three of those only responded in regards to the ball.

Of the three of us who replied to your post asking why there isn't a photo thread, Snapolit1 thinks it's a good idea, BigFoot is concerned about the ability to rearrange furniture but didn't comment on the topic, and I'm not opposed to a photo section, but wouldn't vote in favor if I was asked.

So, it seems to me that the general consensus of the entire Net54 community, from those who have less than 10 posts to those who have multiple thousands of posts is, drum roll please....

"Eh"
Old 05-27-2024, 06:37 PM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

Would selfishly LOVE a photo section, think it would help increase the number of posts about photos, I know I would post more.

That said, I don't know all the time and effort it would take to implement and trust Leon to run the board as he sees fit.

Happy Memorial Day!

Old 05-27-2024, 09:48 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Epic Photo Jeff... The perfect one to celebrate the day!

Sure, a separate Photo Section would be cool. But some of the most popular threads are already devoted to certain segments under the "Memorabilia Umbrella"...

The "Hey Pennant Guys" thread is the longest running of any on Net54, now approaching 2 Million views and exceeding 8,500 responses.

The "Anyone Collect Pins" thread is another monster, approaching 580,000 views and over 1,700 replies.

Then there's the "Ticket Collectors" thread with 532,000 views and nearly 1,100 responses.

So these popular segments do not need to be on the main page, or have their own separate section in order to thrive. Let's defer to Leon, as he has the "trial & error" experience to know what's best for the forum... not to mention he literally owns it!

https://www.youtube.com/@tsogreatness/videos
Old 05-28-2024, 08:36 PM
Brand0n G.re.ene

Quote:
Do we need a photo section?

I refer you both to post #7 in this thread for my thoughts on the subject but, just to make it easier, here is my main point (again) :

This is Leon's house, he finds it comfortable the way it is arranged, but he has still rearranged things to accommodate requests on occasion, even when some of those requests have not been particularly successful (i.e. game used).

If this thread had hundreds (maybe even dozens) of responses saying "YES! we need a photo section" I'm confident that Leon would consider it.

But sadly (for those hoping for a tidal wave of photo section support), this thread has only 39 responses and 28 of them aren't in regards to your original question, they are about your Aaron ball.

Not including Leon's comment, there are six people who have responded to your thread and three of those only responded in regards to the ball.

Of the three of us who replied to your post asking why there isn't a photo thread, Snapolit1 thinks it's a good idea, BigFoot is concerned about the ability to rearrange furniture but didn't comment on the topic, and I'm not opposed to a photo section, but wouldn't vote in favor if I was asked.

So, it seems to me that the general consensus of the entire Net54 community, from those who have less than 10 posts to those who have multiple thousands of posts is, drum roll please....

"Eh"
Doug no disrespect but you really didn't need to come to Leon's rescue on this one. Houses need to be updated over time to keep things fresh and new. Times have changed since this forum has started I'm sure. It sounds like being stuck in the past is the theme around here. That's too bad. I'm 100% confident if there was a photo section it would gain alot of attention but it sounds like you and Leon are afraid to try something new. If it doesn't gain traction over time then remove it. But I've seen ALOT of posts from people sharing their photos and a section dedicated would hurt how???? Why wouldn't you try something new? I don't get it. Nothing wrong with being old school but you need to recognize that houses need renovation at times. Furniture gets outdated and needs replacement at times. There's a whole new generation of people getting into collecting. Photo collecting has increased exponentially. Would trying it hurt that much or are you that stuck in your ways that change bothers you?

Last edited by Fandom0610; 05-28-2024 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 05-28-2024, 08:39 PM
Brand0n G.re.ene

Also Doug I may be new to this forum but I have alot of knowledge and time in this hobby. I'm not speaking like I'm some 18yr old kid who is talking outta my a**. Try something new man. Don't be that guy who is threatened by change. This hobby is evolving everyday and photo collecting is HUGE. Maybe it would draw more future collectors to this forum
Old 05-28-2024, 08:48 PM
Brand0n G.re.ene

But yet there's a section for basketball, cricket and tennis cards? I'd love to compare the number of cricket card Collectors to those who collect sports photography...make it make sense. If sports photography is under Memorabilia then why is their a separate section for basketball cards? Why wouldn't there just be a cards section and you could post any cards in there? You have cards all separated into different sections. Why not do that with memorabilia too?

Last edited by Fandom0610; 05-28-2024 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Add more
Old 05-28-2024, 09:13 PM
Brand0n G.re.ene

Ok I'm done complaining...lol...I guess this forum is always going to be a time capsule. Leon I think it's time you give the titanic a makeover
Old 05-28-2024, 09:38 PM
R0ck Cund.iff

Quote:
Doug no disrespect but you really didn't need to come to Leon's rescue on this one. Houses need to be updated over time to keep things fresh and new. Times have changed since this forum has started I'm sure. It sounds like being stuck in the past is the theme around here. That's too bad. I'm 100% confident if there was a photo section it would gain alot of attention but it sounds like you and Leon are afraid to try something new. If it doesn't gain traction over time then remove it. But I've seen ALOT of posts from people sharing their photos and a section dedicated would hurt how???? Why wouldn't you try something new? I don't get it. Nothing wrong with being old school but you need to recognize that houses need renovation at times. Furniture gets outdated and needs replacement at times. There's a whole new generation of people getting into collecting. Photo collecting has increased exponentially. Would trying it hurt that much or are you that stuck in your ways that change bothers you?
Bingo!!! I really never thought about collecting Type 1's until about three weeks ago. I collect Jackie Robinson, now looking at some of his pics.
Old 05-28-2024, 09:46 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigfootIsReal View Post
Bingo!!! I really never thought about collecting Type 1's until about three weeks ago. I collect Jackie Robinson, now looking at some of his pics.
Look it's the other guy who has spent his entire time on this site bitching about it...
Old 05-28-2024, 09:48 PM
Brand0n G.re.ene

Quote:
Look it's the other guy who has spent his entire time on this site bitching about it...
Doug what's your problem man? What's the matter with trying something new? If it doesn't gain traction then remove it. It's that simple. Get outta your comfort zone man
Old 05-28-2024, 10:01 PM
R0ck Cund.iff

Quote:
Where in my reply was I negative? What should I expect though, coming from a guy who can only afford to collect 1988 Topps
Old 05-28-2024, 09:46 PM
Brand0n G.re.ene

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigfootIsReal View Post
Lol...these guys act like I just asked if I could date their daughters or something. I'm just asking a legitimate question. They act like their isn't enough interest. I get that there is a memorabilia section but yet they can have 20 separate sections for cards. Sounds very biased to me.
Old 05-28-2024, 09:47 PM
Doug Goodman

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=294661

Look it's a photo section!