NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-30-2004, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Default Someone Enlighten Me

Posted By: Adam

I was not really awestruck by the content of this photo (it's a nice picture and all but seems similar to a lot of others sold on ebay) and was suprised at the final price. I figure I am missing something and am willing to publically proclaim my ignorance in an attempt to learn why the photo of this baseball team sold for so much.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50129&item=5150855514&rd=1

Also, I was kind of suprised who the high bidder was as I have not noticed Broadway Rick bidding on this type of memorabilia in the past.

Thanks,
Adam B.

Old 12-30-2004, 07:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: qualitycards

That piece is very impressive, and if 2 passionate bidders want it, then higher prices dictate. If I saw it, I would bid on it, but I would have no idea wht is low or high for a quality piece like that. Is $300 really over the top?

Old 12-30-2004, 08:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike

The ring bat and gear are nice, the lace up jerseys and other gear are nice, and the quality and clarity are great. That being said, I wouldn't pay over $150 for it and have picked up some for $90 to $110 in the past year that are comperable. If you love it however...$300 for years of pleasure is a bargain.

Old 12-30-2004, 11:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: J Levine

Broadway Rick bought it from Scott...speaking of that I feel that Scott must be having a good week because if you think someone over spent on that...look at this auction for a Sealtest common that Scott ran...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6142196386&fromMakeTrack=true

I would not have paid more than $30 for this card...

-Joshua

Old 12-31-2004, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: john/z28jd

Im not surprised Broadway Rick bought a picture of a team called The Hustlers

Old 12-31-2004, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: hankron

To me, the price is higher than expected-- Mike's pricing sounds like the normal range. But there may have been something in particular that caught the bidders' eyes. If the winner felt it would display perfectly in the living room or office, perhaphs next to his Hustler tobacc sign, the price may have been right ... If a buyer displays a photo at home or the office, and enjoys having it displayed, a higher price is warrented. The photo is being put to work.

The bidders' interest is often personal. I sold on eBay a nice photo of the 1950s Minnesota Gophers football team holding high the famous Little Brown Jug (for winner of Minnesota/Michagan game). The photo included coach Wes Fesler (legendary 1930s Ohio State player) and Heisman Trophy runner up and future Major League Baseball player Paul Giel. The man who placed the winning bid told me he bid because the elderly bald guy with thick glasses (equipment manager or something) was his great uncle.

Old 12-31-2004, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott

Scott gets premium prices for his item and this is a very nice photo. I have owned a lot of un-id'd 1800's team cabinets and sometimes they can be had for $40, sometimes $400 - there are a lot of variables involved, but such photos are almost always unique and there is no price guide as there is for baseball cards.

Old 12-31-2004, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim Mayer

was the link bad, or me?

or is scott selling return of the jedi cards?

Old 12-31-2004, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John

Is it just me or does the Luke Skywalker card look trimmed?

Old 12-31-2004, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

Did you ever look at a list of bidder names? "albinoblackfly"..."bigdumbdaddy"...