NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Administrator

Default New Thread - someone to stay away from.

Posted By: Julie Vognar

None of them could be repeated here....it's not just anti-Jewish stuff; it's mixed with filth...really lovely! Actually, I never got the anti-Jewish bit from him; it was sort of exclusively filth...I never read the anti-Jewish stuff till i saw e-mails to David.

To give you an idea of what it's not: there's a board member who really can't stand me. Once in a while, he can't refrain from letting me know it in an e-mail "All right, you old hag, why don't you get on your broomstick and ride off to a different galaxy."

That's the kind of stuff it's NOT...

Old 10-03-2005, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: scott ingold

Myself being a mutt 1/2 protastant 1/2 jew. I have heard it all. It just doesn't matter. If someone makes those statements you can be assured that they aren't that bright to begin with, and to let it get to you is just playing there game. It just isn't worth it. There are so many better things to do than let dummy's get to you.

Old 10-03-2005, 06:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David Vargha

Agreed! I heard enough Jewish slurs as a kid growing up. At no time did my parents or I consider it worth getting the authorities involved. I don't know you David, but get a life. I'm not excusing the message or the messenger, but the feds? Sheesh!

DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Old 10-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Forrest

<<BTW - David, there is no excuse for what was done to you (and many others). We all have a right to Religion in this country and nobody should be made fun of for their choice of Religion. Good luck in your endeavor!>>

Shouldn't there be some sort of patriotic music playing as we read this?

Old 10-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Old 10-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Elkins

The ones which he has been sending board members for damage control. First he states the money order was for some coins I purchased from him. Well, I no longer even collect coins. In fact, I have been selling my coin collection off for some time now to pay for cards. In fact, just sold another gold coin on eBay this past week. The ONLY coins I ever bought from Daniels were 40 VAM Dollars - these were purchased and paid in full long before he started posting about the VAM dollars on this board and trying to sell them to board members. I cannot believe someone lies as much as Daniels does. The only thing I can tell you is to ask Daniels for an e-mail of out "coin deal" for the money order shown above. He will not be able to provide one. However, I can definitely provide e-mails where he states for me to pay for the M116 Lajoie and to take the amount off the Wagner card I was buying from him (which I eventually sold to Greg and even split the profits with Daniels like a FOOL!).

The whole point of my post was to warn people. Yes, I had a few dealings with Daniels over the past year or so and they were fine. I also considered him a friend. He said I was his friend, then ripped me off when he got mad - plain and simple. The reason I thought I would warn the board members about him is that anyone who would rip a "friend" off, would do anything. I have not told anyone not to deal with him - just told my experience. However, if you deal with him, just make sure you receive the merchandise in advance!

I have posted all my comments here - publicly. The reason - b/c they ARE TRUE! If I was going to make something up or lie, I would do like Daniels - e-mail people privately to where my comments could not be confronted publicly. His coin story is BS! In fact, when I get through with several card deals I am working on, I am going to sell every coin I have left from my coin collecting days on eBay to get rid of them as they are doing nothing but taking up space that could be used for vintage cards! One last thing - those of you who have known Daniels for any length of time, know that the others who have posted and I are definitely telling the truth (and several who are afraid to post b/c of the threats and hate mail). Those of you who don't believe us, simply give Daniels time - he will show you his true colors!!!!!

Old 10-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Well....honestly I was hoping this thread would die and I wouldn't have to do what I am doing. I think everyone has had a chance to say what they've wanted to for the last 3 days or so. It's time to get back to collecting cards. I have had more people tell me that I should allow this stuff than folks saying I shouldn't. For the time being my mind has not changed on these types of issues. If the issue is vintage baseball card related, and you stick your name by your post, then I won't stop the threads. I will keep my option open of changing my mind in the interest of the board though. I do sincerely hope these types of issues can be taken care of off of the board, as I did this one. Unless Brian Daniels wants me to open this thread back up, so he can give a rebuttal, then it's done. Anyone can email privately to talk about this matter some more, if you think I am being unfair. Back to cards.....email during the day is lluckey@amherst1.com and my phone number at work is 972-774-7032..usually 7:30-5:00 CST.....regards all