NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Chris

Default Since I am being called out....

To Harry: I agree if their is a substantive issue with an auction house doing something unethical, illegal, or otherwise inappropriate, not because you are upset and they didn't give you everything you wanted (whether or not they even knew what that was).

To Leon: I agree with the above posts in that, if dissatisfied, the buyer needs to keep the item intact, unused, whatever to address the (purported) problem. Once the buyer proceeds otherwise, he voids any claim with the purchase.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernamealreadytaken View Post
I agree if their is a substantive issue with an auction house doing something unethical, illegal, or otherwise inappropriate, not because you are upset and they didn't give you everything you wanted (whether or not they even knew what that was).
I think that an auction house that lists a lot, and sends the winning bidder less than they listed, IS doing something inappropriate.

Can't see it any other way.

Now, unfortunately for Howard, his subsequent actions, tied their hands pretty well on the customer service level. Once he had taken action to sell off some of the lot, they had fewer options.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Howard Chernick

Jim, I agree that they had no other options at that point. But, if they would have responded to my emails, there might have been an option.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 07-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
We've had a few posts lately where buyers can't hold onto cards for more than three seconds after they receive them. What's that all about?
I have noticed the same thing. The 1967 Topps PSA 10 Willie McCovey is already on Ebay (It sold last month thru Mile High Auction). It is for $1,400 more of course. Does anyone get cards and just hold onto them anymore?
Old 07-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Part of the problem for a seller is that the seller has no way of knowing whether the buyer is trying to cheat them by claiming a shortage or damage, or whether there really is a problem, which is why a refund on return of the cards is often the only thing a seller will offer. I'm not saying anything illicit was involved here, just that expecting a seller to let you keep the items and just write a check on faith is not realistic.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 07-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Clayton

Default What Joann said.........

+1
Rhett Yeakley

Wow, Tim is right tough crowd today!

Nobody is going to be happy when they purchase something and they don't get a few iems that they had expected (as per the description) and I find nothing wrong with coming on this forum to let off a little stetam... we've seen people do it for a lot less. I feel it is pretty inexcusable for any auction house to not deliver what is in the description, I understand there could be some mistakes in transciption, etc. but if an item is in the description and just isn't included with the package, what happened to it?
-Rhett

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562

Last edited by rhettyeakley; 07-07-2010 at 01:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Part of the problem for a seller is that the seller has no way of knowing whether the buyer is trying to cheat them by claiming a shortage or damage, or whether there really is a problem, which is why a refund on return of the cards is often the only thing a seller will offer. I'm not saying anything illicit was involved here, just that expecting a seller to let you keep the items and just write a check on faith is not realistic.
That is cerainly your opinion, Adam. But if a buyer buys $1500 worth of cards from me, and says he is missing 3 of the 80, I would usually take their word for it. I usually give my customers the benefit of the doubt. If the BP was 15% then they made $225 of GP. To give back a quarter of that, to a customer that says they were shorted and they believe it was my fault, is not asking too much, imo. Maybe the most important thing is it will probably KEEP THEM AS A CUSTOMER. Again, this is debatable and is just the way I would handle it. I guess I am a push over..... regards
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I have noticed the same thing. The 1967 Topps PSA 10 Willie McCovey is already on Ebay (It sold last month thru Mile High Auction). It is for $1,400 more of course. Does anyone get cards and just hold onto them anymore?

Welcome to the era of The Flipper (and no, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that).

Last edited by HRBAKER; 07-07-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default yes and no :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I buy on 2 different fronts. One is for my collection and I tend to keep those quite some time....actually, unless I upgrade they stay forever (or until I get out of collecting). Two, is that I buy for resale. On those items they barely get to me before I have them for sale again .....
Old 07-07-2010, 12:28 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Sometimes there are cards that you buy that you are really intending on keeping, but then you see a good deal on another card you really want, and you don't have quite enough cash to pay for it .... out goes those cards you just purchased.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:56 PM

Ouch! Tough crowd. I am with Tim N. in that I see no problem with Howard relating the shoddy customer service and shipping. I am holding my breath now as I want to see how my shipment looks when it arrives sometime this week
I do agree that you need to hold on to the original shipment until problems are resolved but man that shipping and lack of cards is scary...
Closed Thread