NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 08:06 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtrain View Post
I am sure that you know that your post is disingenuous BS.
More disingenuous than your BS post?

You think political reasons might have been why Byrd renounced the KKK, racism and segregation?
Old 07-24-2021, 08:11 AM
Tom
T0m Rus.so

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
More disingenuous than your BS post?

You think political reasons might have been why Byrd renounced the KKK, racism and segregation?
You are the one who compared him to the author of the Fort Pillow massacre and the Grand Wizard of the KKK. I am not sure that Senator Byrd was too concerned about “political reasons”considering that his state, even today, is more than 93% white. So President Biden was photographed with Senator Byrd. That proves exactly what? Shall I post the dozens of photos of Trump with known racists, insurrectionists and pedophiles? To what end?

Last edited by bigtrain; 07-24-2021 at 08:29 AM.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:31 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtrain View Post
you are the one who compared him to the author of the fort pillow massacre and the grand wizard of the kkk. I am not sure that senator byrd was too concerned about “political reasons”considering that his state, even today, is more than 93% white. So president biden was photographed with senator byrd. That proves exactly what? Shall i post the dozens of photos of trump with known racists, insurrectionists and pedophiles? To what end?
Can't reason with stupidity.

Last edited by vintagetoppsguy; 07-24-2021 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-24-2021, 09:06 AM
R@y H0lmes

Quote:
gfy
Better watch out, your intelligence is showing.

Last edited by rholmes; 07-24-2021 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-24-2021, 09:12 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rholmes View Post
Better watch out, your intelligence is showing.
The one who can point out the transgressions of one person while overlooking the same transgressions of another is whose intelligence (or lack of) is showing.
Old 07-24-2021, 10:41 AM

How is their new logo not a trademark copyright infringement of the Los Angeles Angels?!?

Old 07-24-2021, 10:44 AM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck9788 View Post
How is their new logo not a trademark copyright infringement of the Los Angeles Angels?!?

That's one of the first things I noticed too. Whether or not it is a trademark infringement, it certainly is remarkably similar. Might want to rethink it before all the gear gets mass produced, although come to think of it, I like it more than I do the Angels logo.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 07-24-2021 at 10:46 AM.
Old 07-24-2021, 10:52 AM

Can anyone name one good thing you can’t do anymore? People are obsessed with calling out cancel culture but what have you lost in anything that’s happened? That is a sincere question. What is lost by changing the name of a baseball team that clearly mocked its source? What is lost in monuments to Confederate traitors? What’s lost in respecting people’s identities? I truly am curious as to what it is you feel is so important to hold onto in any of these modern changes?

Last edited by packs; 07-24-2021 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-24-2021, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Can anyone name one good thing you can’t do anymore? People are obsessed with calling out cancel culture but what have you lost in anything that’s happened? That is a sincere question. What is lost by changing the name of a baseball team that clearly mocked its source? What is lost in monuments to Confederate traitors? What’s lost in respecting people’s identities? I truly am curious as to what it is you feel is so important to hold onto in any of these modern changes?
It isn't just Confederate statues that have been torn down. When the statue toppling craze was at its height, statues of Abraham Lincoln and Frederick Douglas came tumbling down. Lincoln's sin was that he supposedly wasn't good to Indians. I'm not sure what the rationale was behind Frederick Douglas.
Old 07-24-2021, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I was wondering the same thing.
Old 07-24-2021, 01:03 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:

No imagination whatsoever.

Who was it that determined modern logos have to be so bland? I thought the new LA Rams logo was horrendous, but this one gives it a run for the money.
Old 07-24-2021, 02:06 PM

I quit watching baseball,football,and basketball 2 years ago. If sports owners want to cater to the woke folks,go for it! But you will never get another dollar from me! Let the woke crowd support them!
Old 07-25-2021, 06:16 AM
Tony. Biviano

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdimag View Post
I quit watching baseball,football,and basketball 2 years ago. If sports owners want to cater to the woke folks,go for it! But you will never get another dollar from me! Let the woke crowd support them!
+1
Old 07-24-2021, 02:07 PM
rgpete

It just sucks the Guardians Name and so does Major League Baseball

Ron Petersen
Old 07-24-2021, 02:23 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Gee I sure hope they produce a Guardian vest with logo, made of Kevlar.

Might make it safer to attend the games.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 07-25-2021, 06:05 AM
Bill K@sel

It’s actually quite relevant of a logo if you know that the statues of the Guardians have that same winged design on their helmets. But why would people know that, it’s not like it isn’t readily available information on the web. Let’s just be lazy and say it’s stupid.

I’m not a Cleveland fan and have never been there but it took all of 15 seconds to educate myself.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
No imagination whatsoever.

Who was it that determined modern logos have to be so bland? I thought the new LA Rams logo was horrendous, but this one gives it a run for the money.
Old 07-25-2021, 11:52 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkm_bky View Post
It’s actually quite relevant of a logo if you know that the statues of the Guardians have that same winged design on their helmets. But why would people know that, it’s not like it isn’t readily available information on the web. Let’s just be lazy and say it’s stupid.

I’m not a Cleveland fan and have never been there but it took all of 15 seconds to educate myself.

Bill
Ok. But it's still aesthetically ugly and cheap looking.
Old 07-25-2021, 07:56 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:

Also shitty...

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 07-24-2021, 12:11 PM
Tom
T0m Rus.so

Quote:
Can't reason with stupidity.
I agree. Certainly your ignorant responses have proved that point.
Closed Thread