NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-22-2019, 03:28 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
Interesting.

Would you be able to shed light on the other dealers contributing to this fund and whether PSA has been helpful in the investigation?
From what I’ve seen thus far, all the dealers who consigned altered cards are paying back buyers through PWCC. If there is any dispute as to whether a card deserves a refund, Brent is paying the money back himself. As for PSA, they are not being as helpful.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:32 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
From what I’ve seen thus far, all the dealers who consigned altered cards are paying back buyers through PWCC. If there is any dispute as to whether a card deserves a refund, Brent is paying the money back himself. As for PSA, they are not being as helpful.
How far back and to what degree have buyers been notified? For example, if Dealer X (who has been discovered as a potential card doctor) has consigned 5,000 cards since 2012 through PWCC, have the buyers for all 5,000 cards been notified? Or is it above a threshold? I'm mostly just curious how this has been decided.

Last edited by jhs5120; 07-22-2019 at 03:33 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:34 PM
Ben North

Quote:
How far back and to what degree have buyers been notified? For example, if Dealer X (who has been discovered as a potential card doctor) has consigned 5,000 cards since 2012 through PWCC, have the buyers for all 5,000 cards been notified? Or is it above a threshold? I'm mostly just curious how this has been decided.
^^This^^ and what is happening with all these altered cards?
Old 07-22-2019, 03:37 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
^^This^^ and what is happening with all these altered cards?
I’m driving and don’t have the info at hand re how far back. As for the retuned, altered cards they are being given to the FBI. Obviously my concern was the cards being put into A holders, cracked out and resubmitted. And PSA giving them grades of 11.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:40 PM
Ben North

Quote:
I’m driving and don’t have the info at hand re how far back. As for the retuned, altered cards they are being given to the FBI. Obviously my concern was the cards being put into A holders, cracked out and resubmitted. And PSA giving them grades of 11.
Hole punch and then put into a Authentic slab.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:43 PM
John Wondowski

Quote:
Nice deflection, counselor!
Old 07-22-2019, 03:46 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondo View Post
Nice deflection, counselor!
Sorry I’m driving in a blinding thunderstorm in NY. And I don’t work for you. I’m ok not to provide any more info on these issues too if you think it’s not helpful.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:48 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Sorry I’m driving in a blinding thunderstorm in NY. And I don’t work for you. I’m ok not to provide any more info on these issues too if you think it’s not helpful.
Then get off you damn phone and pay attention to the road.
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
It's really sad.... I guess when you're paying for a OPINION that OPINION is subjective and can't tied to any laws or held accountable...
their silence in taking any kinda of responsibility hits home to me :-(
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
Drive safely. When you have a moment, I am curious as to how far back and to what extent victims are being notified.

On a side note, is PSA requesting possession of the cards in exchange for reimbursement? I'd imagine that would be a significant sticking point for them. Some of these cards still have significant value (for obvious reasons) as a PSA Authentic.

Also, have you had any dealings with SGC so far? How helpful have they been?

Last edited by jhs5120; 07-22-2019 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:55 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Drive safely. When you have a moment, I am curious as to how far back and to what extent victims are being notified.

On a side note, is PSA requesting possession of the cards in exchange for reimbursement? I'd imagine that would be a significant sticking point for them. Some of these cards still have significant value (for obvious reasons) as a PSA Authentic.
Buyers are being notified by email and phone. The first round of buyers are those who bought clearly altered cards, i.e. trimming and recoloring. The more grey stuff (cleaning, pressed corners) is being mostly put on the back burner for now except in egregious cases. This is all a fluid situation subject to my discussions with the government. It’s not a perfect situation but it’s more perfect than anything that has ever occurred previously in fraud cases in the hobby.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:06 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
Buyers are being notified by email and phone. The first round of buyers are those who bought clearly altered cards, i.e. trimming and recoloring. The more grey stuff (cleaning, pressed corners) is being mostly put on the back burner for now except in egregious cases. This is all a fluid situation subject to my discussions with the government. It’s not a perfect situation but it’s more perfect than anything that has ever occurred previously in fraud cases in the hobby.
If I understand this correctly, only buyers of publicly outed cards are being notified?

Last edited by jhs5120; 07-22-2019 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:42 PM
Joe D
Joe Do.oley

Quote:
Not living up to the “PSA guarantee”? Shocking.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:51 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Kudos to you for commenting.