NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Live Auctions - Only 2-3 open, per member, at once.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Dean

Default CLOSED-------1955 Roberto Clemente PSA 4

CLOSED --- NOT SELLING HERE

I think this is a very attractive PSA 4. But I have always been a sucker for this card...

Starting auction price of $500. $10 increments. Standard PayPal only. Shipping and insurance are covered in price. US only. Ends Sunday July 1 at 10PM EDT.

Any questions please shoot me a PM. Thanks!

my eBay auctions

Last edited by xdrx; 07-01-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:22 AM
Steven

Any desciption on the surface of the card would be appreciated. Any indents, scratches or wrinkles on either surface? Did you submit the card to psa or purchase it this way? Thanks boss.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Dean

I didn't describe card because I'd hate to miss something or describe it improperly and have someone be disappointed. Thought the grade would stand on it's own. Having said that, I'll give it a shot.

Face of card. In upper right corner (holding card so you read L to R) there is a "micro" crease sort of between the thin black border and the tip of Pirate logo guy's hat. Can't really see it unless I get real close and get the light hitting it just right. This impacts face of card only. I don't see corresponding mark on back side.

Back of card. A slightly more noticeable crease running through the "N" in DAFFY-NITIONS and down through the pitcher's glove. You can see this in the scan if you look closely. This impacts back of card only. I don't see corresponding mark on front side.

I don't really see anything else.

I submitted the card to PSA. Curious as to why that matters? Thanks.

my eBay auctions
Old 07-01-2012, 01:01 PM
James Wymer

Dean it matters a lot. There are fake slabs out there. If you submitted it than it is your word that it is a good psa slab.
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 07-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrx View Post
I submitted the card to PSA. Curious as to why that matters? Thanks.
I think its easier to see blemishes before encapsulation and was curious if you had a chance to do that. Thanks for your answers.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:09 PM
James Wymer

$500
Old 07-01-2012, 05:46 PM
James Wymer

I would recommend taking another picture of this card with your user info so we know that you have the card.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wymers Auction View Post
Dean it matters a lot. There are fake slabs out there. If you submitted it than it is your word that it is a good psa slab.
I don't understand. You can check the cert # at PSA -- LINK How would I fake that?

Anyway, just for the record here is the requested picture:

The more I think about it the less good I feel about selling here. The buyer has way more protection with PayPal than the seller does anyway. I don't need to send someone a card and then have some kind of PayPal dispute to deal with because of paranoia. I'm going to pull this auction (and the 54 Aaron) and just sell them on ebay.

my eBay auctions
Old 07-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainier2004 View Post
I think its easier to see blemishes before encapsulation and was curious if you had a chance to do that. Thanks for your answers.
That makes sense. But in all honestly I never closely examined and recorded the imperfections before getting it graded. Rookie mistake.

my eBay auctions
Old 07-01-2012, 07:44 PM
James Wymer

Dean not trying to be a jerk it is just I was laying down $500 for a card of a person I do not know and has never sold anything on here before. Good luck on ebay no problem. I was not implying that you would intentionally sell a fake slab, but they do exist out there.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:46 PM
James Wymer

Just for the record I am not a paranoid person I buy and sell cards regularly.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wymers Auction View Post
Dean not trying to be a jerk it is just I was laying down $500 for a card of a person I do not know and has never sold anything on here before. Good luck on ebay no problem. I was not implying that you would intentionally sell a fake slab, but they do exist out there.
I have sold on here, but I don't know how you can verify that. A feedback system would be cool. Sold more on ebay under same username (with perfect feedback), which is easy to cross check with a message there.

But I do understand the concern. I just honestly see more sellers getting burned lately than buyers.

No hard feelings.

edit: You can search a username for threads started and see stuff they posted for sale. Pretty simple; I should've thought of that immediately.

my eBay auctions

Last edited by xdrx; 07-01-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:10 PM
James Wymer

Dean it was much less about you than I have never seen an auction on here that reached $500+. I did not mean to offend anyone.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrx View Post
I have sold on here, but I don't know how you can verify that. A feedback system would be cool. Sold more on ebay under same username (with perfect feedback), which is easy to cross check with a message there.

But I do understand the concern. I just honestly see more sellers getting burned lately than buyers.

No hard feelings.

edit: You can search a username for threads started and see stuff they posted for sale. Pretty simple; I should've thought of that immediately.

We don't have a formal feedback system but the transparency in other user stat areas is really good. With 173 posts and being a member for over a yr, I would say the person is probably good. Add to that, that I have more private user info on file for everyone on the board, makes it a pretty safe bet. No one should ever have a concern of any fraud on the board. If they do then they should PM me and we can chat about it in a PM or on the phone. Folks on this board are real folks. That being said if something is of a concern then 99.99% of the time, involved parties talking on the phone, should clear the other .01%. I don't know of a safer place to transact business on the internet than our BST. That doesn't mean not to be careful but it is a very safe place overall.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:59 PM
James Wymer

Thanks Leon. I have for the record made good with this guy privately. I am new and it was a bit of nervousness on my part that caused that. Certainly nothing personal or intentional. I apologize for any misunderstandings caused by my unnecessary caution.