NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Sean Brennan

Default question regarding getting a poorly packaged item

I just rec'd some slus I bought in a flat rate envelope with no box. The sellers refuses to give a refund. Has anyone ever had something similar happen?
Old 04-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Brian J0hns0n

I can't comment until I know what a "slus" is
Old 04-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Hank

Starting Lineups...demand a refund. That is unacceptable. I also collect and have tons of SLU's many of which are graded.

Leon may move this from the front this may be OT, but I had to chime in on this one.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:12 PM
Belltown Vintage

How about a $2,500 framed print (with glass) that is simply wrapped in one layer of pieces of cardboard? You should have seen the shattered glass and the shredded print - I'm fairly sure I actually cried a little.

The ebay seller told me I should have bought insurance. Ebay thought differently and stuck him with the full refund. I had to ship all the pieces back to him.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Sean Brennan

Assuming he sticks to his guns regarding no refund should I iust repackage them and mail them back? Should I get delivery confirmation? Thanks in advance
Old 04-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Rich
R1ch Sm1th

Open a case on eBay, item was not received as described. They will take it from there. I'm fairly sure you'll get your money back, eBay tends to side with buyers regardless of the situation.

Rich
Old 04-11-2013, 04:09 PM
Sean Brennan

Thanks rich!
Old 04-11-2013, 04:29 PM
Chris Browne
Administrator

+1 to above posts.

Use the Goodwin method

Mailer - envelope - box - slightly bigger box.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Sean Brennan

Wow! They ain't messing around!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Pete Sycks

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx840 View Post
+1 to above posts.

Use the Goodwin method

Mailer - envelope - box - slightly bigger box.

It almost takes an hour to get the card out, I agree. At least it's packed well.

http://syckscards.weebly.com

Always looking for 1938 Goudey's
Old 04-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Colby Neal-Tan

Default Bad Packaging 1955 Dodgers

I bought these cards off eBay. I also rarely use eBay. I have more fun buying cards in person. Anyways, these cards came literally in a plain envelope that snugly fitted a binder sleeve... Yes the seller only had 41 feedbacks ( I really didn't care because it was a small purchase).. I contacted him because every card was creased because of the poor packaging. It was only $30 bucks for my Brooklyn Dodgers cards but I was still very disappointed. I let the disappointment subside for about a day then told him that the shipping was unacceptable and that my cards were damaged. He replied back thats how he's been sending his cards and has had no problems.... I just replied if you don't change this then you will surely get negative feedback. I proceeded to tell him that luckily it was only $30 so I will not leave you negative feedback if you promise to not ever do such a dumb thing again. Your negligence is unacceptable. He agreed and thanked me...

I still haven't left him feedback a month later. I've been avoiding it...

Maybe it's time to give him what he deserves? A big fat negative feedback. Won't look too good with only 44 feedbacks, but thats not my problem!!!

I guess packaging issues should be addressed if the card has substantial value and/or if you have the time to deal with it... In my case I just didn't care to resend the cards because it was cheap. I figured I learned my lesson buying from a new seller and will keep the cards for a constant reminder.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (75.7 KB, 72 views)
Old 04-11-2013, 09:53 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

I always use the Golder Rule of shipping. Pack your cards unto others as you would have them packed unto you.