NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > T206 cards B/S/T

Old 07-21-2014, 09:18 PM

Default T206s at this Year's National

I will be bringing the following this year: Just a selection. If you are coming to this year's National, be aware that MItch and I can only help one person each at a time. We will not violate that policy so please be patient if we are busy.

I will be bringing a selection of all Tobacco cards, probably 600+ baseball, all ungraded. I will be selling them at 20% off my prices, and if you buy enough even more off of that. Probably 300to 400 T206s.

Stop by at Booth 305P.

Steve_NY
Old 07-22-2014, 09:57 AM
bR@dY ThuRsT0N

Maybe you and Mitch ought to hire another body.........and then learn a little tact.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:46 PM

Sorry, but if you don't like our policy, don't buy from us. I was being courteous, and didn't want to insult anyone. I guess you want me to hand you a box of T206's so you could look through them at your leisure while I help someone else; cards that range from $50 to Thousands of dollars each would be in that one box. The only way to maintain security is to operate like a jewelry store; one customer per person at a time. We will get to everyone.

I am being as tactful as I can so forgive me if anyone is insulted.

Just ask around the National dealers and you will discover that there were some incredible "missing" items last year; they all developed legs.

To be entirely honest, I would rather lose a sale than compromise my security. You must understand that. If not, such is life.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:10 AM
bR@dY ThuRsT0N

I could be out of line myself but don't believe that a B/S/T section of any board is meant for your type of post. I'm over it....just a thought.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:01 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_NY View Post
Sorry, but if you don't like our policy, don't buy from us. I was being courteous, and didn't want to insult anyone. I guess you want me to hand you a box of T206's so you could look through them at your leisure while I help someone else; cards that range from $50 to Thousands of dollars each would be in that one box. The only way to maintain security is to operate like a jewelry store; one customer per person at a time. We will get to everyone.

I am being as tactful as I can so forgive me if anyone is insulted.

Just ask around the National dealers and you will discover that there were some incredible "missing" items last year; they all developed legs.

To be entirely honest, I would rather lose a sale than compromise my security. You must understand that. If not, such is life.
These BST sections are not for blatant, over-advertising of your National stuff. Please don't post anymore in these sections until after the National. Thanks....PM sent with the same message.. thanks
Old 07-23-2014, 11:03 AM

Thanks for setting me straight. I will not post any more items I am selling at the National since that is not permitted.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:15 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Thanks for setting me straight. I will not post any more items I am selling at the National since that is not permitted.
The idea of our BST is to sell stuff on this board not advertise it for sale other places. I don't usually say anything if someone does it once ....and then maybe again later. When I looked at your threads started it seemed a bit overzealous to me. There is one section that is for ebay and other auctions.....that would be the only place to really post your national stuff. Had you asked I would have told you....nothing personal and good luck with everything....LL

of course if you are only responding to a question from a member you can still do that....and btw, you should post on the main forum and join in the reindeer games there too....there is always a little more leniency on board matters given to frequent site posters.....if you help the site it can help you....

Last edited by Leon; 07-23-2014 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:24 PM

Leon -- I hear you. BTW the reason I didn't ask where I could post was because I didn't want to overstay my welcome. Once read the rules, I am perfectly happy to abide by them. Stop by and say hello. Steve
Old 07-23-2014, 09:42 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Leon -- I hear you. BTW the reason I didn't ask where I could post was because I didn't want to overstay my welcome. Once read the rules, I am perfectly happy to abide by them. Stop by and say hello. Steve
will do Steve.....
Old 07-24-2014, 07:05 PM

Default I agree with Steve although what's his last name?

I had EXPENSIVE t206's stolen from me when I set up a couple of yrs ago for the same reason he mentioned--tried to help several at one time and handed a bunch to one person; one of whom frequents and posts here --not a lot lately though-- and I believe he was one of 2 people who possibly lifted them---the other person bought $4000 worth and this person looked through 100 cards or so and didn't buy one.

I do think he could have been more tactful whether he should have posted here or not

Lastly, the one thing I don't like about emails is you can't tell the person's tone of voice; had he said it to us where you could hear his voice it may not have come across as it did.....
cheers Bill Latzko