NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Everything Else, Football, Non-Sports etc.. B/S/T

Old 06-10-2017, 07:41 PM
Ray Novak

Default FS: Signed Sports Books & non-Sports 10% off OBO

I have the following books for sale. I recently sold most of my signed literary first editions and now have decided which sports books need to be sold. Here's the list. If you're interested in any or all of these, email me at raynovak52@gmail.com

NOTE: IF YOU WANT ANY OF THESE, TAKE 10% OFF OR MAKE ME AN OFFER VIA EMAIL. I WANT TO MOVE THEM IF I CAN. I'LL TAKE OFFERS ON ANYTHING WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE ROBBINS AND MCCARTHY BOOKS IN THE LITERATURE SECTION. THANKS.

Buzz Bissinger - Friday Night Lights - inscribed "June 9, 2005 To Ray, All the best. Thanks for liking FNL. Buzz Bissinger. First edition with alphabet and numbers lines. Hardcover with Jacket. $35

Crowley, Jim. The Four Horsemen of Notre Dame. Inscribed "To Molly O, My pal of happy memories. May the Good Lord forever keep both arms around you, saving a little room for us. Love, Jim Crowley" Inscription is on the front flyleaf and the pages are uncut. Book was "Compiled and written by James A. Petersen." No jacket - $150

Kahn, Roger. The Boys of Summer. Inscribed on the title page, "To Ray, All the Best, Roger Kahn. Second printing with dust jacket. $35

Ritter, Lawrence. The Glory of Their Times. Signed on the front fly by "Larry Ritter." Holzman Press Classic. $40

Luckman, Sid. Luckman at Quarterback. Inscribed "To Harry Frank from Sid Luckman." Luckman has also signed a photo that appears prior to the title page. I'VE BEEN TOLD THE DEDICATION IS A SECRETARIAL OR WIFE SIGNATURE, THE PHOTO IS SIGNED BY LUCKMAN. Book itself Appears to be a reprint. Very nice dust jacket. $100

Russell, Bill. Russell Rules. Inscribed on the title page, "To Ray, best wishes, Bill Russell." First edition with compete number line and dust jacket. $50

Asinov - Bleeding Between the Lines - 1st edition signed and inscribed $25

Wilma Rudolph - Wilma - signed paperback. Presentation copy with University President's business card laid in. Signed only by Rudolph. $75

The final autographed item is a nice copy of Roch Carrier's "The Hockey Sweater and Other Stories." This is probably the most well know child's story in Canada. It is about a young boy who idolizes Rocket Richard and he and his team mates wear their Richard jerseys to games and practices until his wears out. His mother decides to buy him a new sweater, but when it arrives it is the jersey of the hated Toronto Maple Leafs. He is ostracized by his teammates and the coach won't let him play. It has been turned into a kids picture book (a copy of which I will include), an animated short film, and a line from it appeared on the Canadian $5 for a period of about ten years. This copy is signed by Carrier, but also has the signature of Rocket Richard. Carrier has printed/written his name above his printed name on the title page, and Richard has signed "Maurice Richard" with his characteristic beautiful script. It's a paper back book and the English translation of the original French language story. Beautiful item, signed by Richard WITHOUT INSCRIPTION. You hockey collectors know how tough that is. $150

Unsigned Sports Books.

NEWLY ADDED: Old Judge Bible $40

Gropman, Donald. "Say it Ain't So Joe" HC with Jacket- $15

Morse, Jacob. Sphere and Ash. This is the hard bound first reprint of this classic book, published by The Camden House Library of Baseball Classics. $45

Boone, Robert - Hack - Bio of Hack Wilson - $25

Literature - Books signed by Literary Authors

Auster, Paul - Timbuktu - Soft Cover Advanced Reading Copy. Auster can be tough. $45

McDermott, Alice - Charming Billy - Soft Cover Advanced Reading Copy. This book contains entire chapters cut from the novel's first edition before printing. McDermott said she argued with the publisher about including these chapters and finally gave in. The inscription refers to these chapters. From an in-person signing where I met her and discussed this with her. $75

Updike, John - In the Beauty of the Lillies - Signed, inscribed 1st edition hard cover. $25

Robbins, Tom - Still Life with Woodpecker - Signed inscribed 2nd edition. Again, I got this one signed personally. The inscription reads "To Ray, YUM, Tom Robbins." I believe this was Robbins standard inscription for red heads, of which I am one. $150

McCarthy, Cormac - All the Pretty Horses - signed softcover edition $350

Any questions, please email. We can certainly discuss price on any item.

Last edited by powderfinger; 02-28-2018 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Items added
Old 09-12-2017, 10:20 AM
Ray Novak

Default Bump

Bump after a few months. I will be adding a few more titles and lowering prices on some of them. Let me know if you're interested and please make offers.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:04 AM
Ray Novak

Default New Titles added

New books added to the list - a few non-sports.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:30 PM
Ray Novak

Default BUMP for Price Drop

Bump