NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 07-28-2019, 05:02 PM
Jim H

Default Is there a music memorabilia show equivalent to the National?

So as I’m getting ready to attend the National my wife (who is a big rock and roll fan) asked me if there was a music National. I googled it and couldn’t find anything. I turn to fellow Net 54’ers and ask “is there a rock and roll memorabilia show?”
Old 08-06-2019, 03:01 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

I live near Philly. Every Thanksgiving weekend they usually have a Rock and Roll Expo in Oaks, Pa which is where the Willow Grove Sports Memoprabilia show moved to for a while before settling in Valley Forge.

I've been to the show a few times, mostly old records but occasionally some memroabilia. They also had some autograph guests. I managed to get Artimus Pyle to sign my Street Survivors album and talked to him a bit while most everyone else waited in line for Peter Criss. Denny Laine and Mickey Dolenz were also thee with no line.

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears
Old 08-08-2019, 11:20 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Here is the url for that show: http://notjustrockexpo.com/. It is probably a bit far to travel from California.

There was a rock and roll autograph show in LA that benefitted St. Judes, but from what I can tell they no longer have it. Here is the url for their facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RocknRollAutographShow

Vinyl Times also has a calendar of record shows.

Years ago there was a group called Rock Ages that would have record shows in NYC. It took up a whole floor of the hotel across from Madison Square Garden which has had several names over the years including The Penta. It was not a normal record collector's show as there was a display of promo items - Elton John pinball wizard hat, presentation Jethro Tull 'Songs From the Wood' album made of wood and the such. They also had an interview area where Pete Fornitale, famous radio announcer, would interview people. I remember when he interviewed Harry Chapin who then performed a few unreleased songs. I have a photo of that on my office wall. There were many vendors selling vinyl and the such, no CD's then. There were also musicians around. Lenny Kaye (Patti Smith guitarist and creator of the 'Nuggets' compilations) was selling his own records. The Ramones had a merchandise table and they all showed up. I still regret not buying a Ramones logo flag. One of the best collector's shows I have ever been to and it was 40 years ago. I still remember taking the train down from Boston, going to an ELO show on Friday night at MSG, going to the show on Saturday and taking the train home on Sunday.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 08-08-2019 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:06 AM

How about a little eye candy?

Old 08-09-2019, 01:28 PM
Al Richter

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A2KL...MRZ10BOfEgvRM-

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A2KL...A2wg4x1j6Ik.4-
Old 08-10-2019, 10:28 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Take a look at this for L.A.:

http://www.dtlarendezvous.com/event/...d-fair-190519/

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 08-10-2019, 10:49 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgwirecom View Post
I live near Philly. Every Thanksgiving weekend they usually have a Rock and Roll Expo in Oaks, Pa which is where the Willow Grove Sports Memoprabilia show moved to for a while before settling in Valley Forge.

I've been to the show a few times, mostly old records but occasionally some memroabilia. They also had some autograph guests. I managed to get Artimus Pyle to sign my Street Survivors album and talked to him a bit while most everyone else waited in line for Peter Criss. Denny Laine and Mickey Dolenz were also thee with no line.
The original Street Survivor album or the revised, after the plane crash, version?

Either way, that would be a great piece to have with Artimus's signature on it.
Any plans to try and get Gary Rossington's signature?

I seen Lynyrd Skynyrd last year in Toronto and is was a great show! One of my all time favorite bands by far!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20180811_21_49_43_Pro.jpg (70.8 KB, 93 views)

Last edited by irv; 08-10-2019 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-10-2019, 03:29 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

The original version with the tour insert. I'd love to get Gary but how often do you see a signing with a Rock Star? Pretty rare thats why I love these shows.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4649[1].jpg (76.8 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4650[1].jpg (73.9 KB, 88 views)

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...

Last edited by mcgwirecom; 08-10-2019 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:14 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
The original version with the tour insert. I'd love to get Gary but how often do you see a signing with a Rock Star? Pretty rare thats why I love these shows.
Wow!! Very nice piece!

Good point on seeing a signing with a Rock Star. Not a chance in hell, personally, would I send that album through the mail even if knew Gary would sign it personally at his residence or place of business.

Any idea on the value of your album?
Old 08-11-2019, 02:21 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Not really. Just thought it would be the coolest thing to get signed by him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1372.jpg (62.8 KB, 81 views)

Old 08-12-2019, 03:11 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Not really. Just thought it would be the coolest thing to get signed by him.
Yes, I agree.

Congrats again on owning a very cool piece!
Old 08-13-2019, 07:06 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Speaking about Music memorabilia......

My original Chicago Transit Authority (Chicago) album. I acquired it exactly 50 years ago this month.

Enjoyed two live concerts of theirs.....
In 1973, I went to Westbury (LI, NY) to a Chicago concert. What a fabulous Jazz-Rock sound.

Twenty years later, my wife and I were at a Chicago concert at the Valley Forge Music Fair.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 08-14-2019, 10:35 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Wow!! Very nice piece!

Good point on seeing a signing with a Rock Star. Not a chance in hell, personally, would I send that album through the mail even if knew Gary would sign it personally at his residence or place of business.

Any idea on the value of your album?
I think hell arrived a long time ago. There are so fewer record stores which has put quite a damper on in store appearances though over the years I have attended many including - The Police, Genesis, Hall & Oates, Ramones, Todd Rundgren & Utopia, Ten Years After, Ted Nugent, Blondie, King Crimson, Lou Reed, Beastie Boys, The Stranglers, The Jam, Souixsie & the Banshees, Aretha Franklin, George Clinton, Emmylou Harris, Iggy Pop, Grand Funk, Joe Strummer (The Clash), Henry Rollins and The Allman Brothers. All of these people were friendly.

Book signings, which still happen, have included Ronnie Wood, Bette Midler, Gene Simmons and Graham Parker. Simmons, Parker and Wood all signed anything else you gave them.

These days there are autograph shows which focus mainly on movie and television personalities, but musicians have been appearing at them for quite a while. Chiller Theatre, a twice yearly event in New Jersey - www.chillertheatre.com has hosted quite a few musicians signing for $$. I have not gone for all of them, but the ones I remember in the last 5 years are: Alice Cooper, Ace Frehley, Marky Ramone, Keith Emerson (ELP), The Smithereens, Peter Tork and Mickey Dolenz (Monkees), Martha Davis (Motels), C.J. Ramone, Richie Ramone, Yvonne Elliman (top 10 hit Saturday Night Fever), Bo Donaldson (top 10 hit), Ron Dante (Archies lead singer), Ellen Foley (female singer on Meatloaf's 'Bat out of Hell' album, solo albums and on tv on "Night Court). The October 25-27 event includes Cherie Curie (Runaways) and Scott Ian and Charlie Benante of Anthrax.

Meatloaf recently signed at a fan convention. I believe it was in Atlanta and there were other musicians.

The Hollywood Show which happens several times a year has also included musicians. Lou Gramm will be at the November show.

Artimus Pyle did the Chantilly show in July. I had him sign my rock book. He was doing sketches on drumheads which were quite nice. I think it was $65.00. If you were a big fan it seemed like quite a deal.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 08-14-2019 at 10:40 AM.