NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Ebay, Auction and other Venues Announcement- B/S/T

Old 04-20-2021, 05:40 PM
Ry@n \/3tt3R

Default NYC area card shows?

Hi,
Does anyone know of any upcoming shows in the nyc area?
There was a midtown Manhattan show but I think it’s done for good- can no longer contact the person who had been running it.

I’m tired of buying online.

Thanks
Deals Done: GrayGhost, Count76, mybuddyinc, banksfan14, boysblue, Sverteramo, rocuan, rootsearcher60, GoldenAge50s, pt7464, trdcrdkid, T206.org, bnorth, frankrizzo29, David Atkatz, Johnny630, cardsamillion, SPMIDD, esehombre, bbsports, babraham, RhodeyRhode, Nate Adams, OhioCardCollector, ejstel, Golfcollector, Luke, 53toppscollector, benge610, Lunker21, VintageCardCo, jmanners51, T206CollectorVince, hockeyhockey

Collecting: T206

Monster #236
Old 04-20-2021, 05:56 PM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wid_Conroy View Post
Hi,
Does anyone know of any upcoming shows in the nyc area?
There was a midtown Manhattan show but I think it’s done for good- can no longer contact the person who had been running it.

I’m tired of buying online.

Thanks
Would love to know as well but I think we're SOL at the moment. I don't think any of the Hofstra shows will happen, at least until next year. I'm gonna try to make it down to the Philly show in June.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:00 PM
Ry@n \/3tt3R

I actually just found one up in New Rochelle on may 2nd.
I think it is every month. I emailed for more details, will let you know.
Deals Done: GrayGhost, Count76, mybuddyinc, banksfan14, boysblue, Sverteramo, rocuan, rootsearcher60, GoldenAge50s, pt7464, trdcrdkid, T206.org, bnorth, frankrizzo29, David Atkatz, Johnny630, cardsamillion, SPMIDD, esehombre, bbsports, babraham, RhodeyRhode, Nate Adams, OhioCardCollector, ejstel, Golfcollector, Luke, 53toppscollector, benge610, Lunker21, VintageCardCo, jmanners51, T206CollectorVince, hockeyhockey

Monster #236
Old 04-20-2021, 06:37 PM
Kevin from Franklin Square, LI

Quote:
I actually just found one up in New Rochelle on may 2nd.
I think it is every month. I emailed for more details, will let you know.
There was one in Plainview on Sunday. After soccer and then tutoring, I got home around 3pm. The boy wanted to go see airplanes, so we went to Brookville Park in Rosedale. Let me know about that New Rochelle show...
Old 04-21-2021, 04:26 PM
Ry@n \/3tt3R

The New Rochelle show is ~23 tables. Could not get additional info on what to expect in terms of cards.... that is pretty small, and I'd hate to travel there and it end up being all Modern, but do not have many options.

all the info is here if interested:

https://sportscollectorsdigest.com/c.../show-calendar

Monster #236
Old 04-21-2021, 05:43 PM
James M.

Quote:
The New Rochelle show is ~23 tables. Could not get additional info on what to expect in terms of cards.... that is pretty small, and I'd hate to travel there and it end up being all Modern, but do not have many options.

all the info is here if interested:

https://sportscollectorsdigest.com/c.../show-calendar
Thank you,

I think at this rate, I've waited so long for a show, what's another month? I know the Philly one is going to be good, plus I can always go for a Jim's Cheesesteak

Donscards.
Old 04-23-2021, 09:26 PM
Cliff B.

Saw your post, looked on line and found the following: http://www.sportscardradio.com/card-show-calendar/

I know nothing about these shows but there is one in Mt. Kisco, NY on 5/15, another in New Rochelle and a monthly show in Fishkill.
Old 04-24-2021, 11:05 AM
Bob Donaldson

I guess NYC is a little too small to host a show?
Old 04-24-2021, 11:55 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obcbobd View Post
I guess NYC is a little too small to host a show?
It's odd, you would think with us being such a large city with so many people their would be good shows, and hobby stores to go to but it's the opposite. Granted the Hoffstra shows on LI are usually very solid, but we don't have much here. I chalk it up to rent and expenses being so damn high in this city, though they have fallen quite a bit because of the Pandemic.

there used to be a shop near me, operated by Renata Galasso but it's been years since she has done anything I believe. Long before I was interested in the Hobby.

Donscards.
Old 04-24-2021, 12:16 PM

I should just have everyone come to my backyard in Queens one Sunday.
Old 04-24-2021, 01:18 PM
Kevin from Franklin Square, LI

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualplane View Post
I should just have everyone come to my backyard in Queens one Sunday.
I’ll be there !
Old 04-25-2021, 08:50 AM

I'm gonna set one up. Give me a few.
Old 04-25-2021, 09:08 AM

I made a page if anyone wants to go:

https://www.jinsworld.com/sportscards
Old 01-23-2022, 03:26 AM
Ry@n \/3tt3R

I stopped by a show today in NJ, probably about 50 tables or so.. it was 99% modern and Pokemon. I'd guess this is the new normal?

February 4-6 there is the "New Jersey Sports Card Convention 2022". Given the venue size and the multiple days I'd think this might be a decent pre-National option.

Has anyone been to this that can share details? A few tables with vintage would be good enough for me.

Monster #236