NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-05-2021, 03:29 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default National Convention Historical Display - Help Needed

Hey Guys and Girl (LOL)
One of our members, Phil Rgli (Hi Phil) is on the National Convention Committee and is looking for some help for a fun project. I will do a quick cut and paste- If anyone can help him out it will be awesome.

"I'm not sure how to announce this to all Net members but I'm looking for artifacts related to the National Sports Convention to put on display for the upcoming national.
If any of your members have items they would deem worthy to educate people on the national I would appreciate it.

I'm looking for three areas of assistance

Products that were created for the national: Programs, badges, t-shirts, banners, posters, advertisements, giveaways (promo's)

Photographs: Pictures of people, dealers, vendors from the national, especially if they are wearing National related shirts or at the shows

Write ups: This is any article written on the national and those dealers & individuals who contributed to the event. Thus if you have access to SCD, Trader Speaks or other general articles.

I'm also looking for writers who may have an interest in doing a write up on these people, places or events.

The goal is to have one or two display cases that will cover the 40 year history of the national. Any picture is welcome as long as you can tell me the people in it and where it occurs. Especially looking for people who attended early nationals who are no longer with us.

Best Wishes,

Phil Regli

(regli@aol.com) 3023 Covington Pl., Round Rock TX 78681

Old 09-10-2021, 08:27 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

A friendly bump. Hopefully some of our members will help out with this...

Old 07-07-2022, 07:03 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Please help if you can - 2022 National Convention History Display

I want to bump this thread as Phil (hi Phil) and I have been recently talking about this for this years National. Please help if you can. I know some of yawl have old Convention stuff. A donation is preferred but loaned items are ok too. Thanks to anyone who can help..
and a card...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ratschpostcardb.jpg (195.1 KB, 698 views)
Old 07-07-2022, 10:10 AM
J@mes In.gram

I don't think I have anything you would be interested in, but if Phil is tuning in, I would like to give a shout out - hi Phil! Phil sold me a minor league program from 1951 that is the complete illustrated history of the old Southern Association and my hometown Memphis Chicks (Chickasaws) entitled "50 Years With The Chicks" that is simply fantastic! One of the best purchases I ever made, and the communications with Phil that went along with it likewise.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***
Old 07-07-2022, 10:16 AM
J@mes In.gram

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingram058 View Post
I don't think I have anything you would be interested in, but if Phil is tuning in, I would like to give a shout out - hi Phil! Phil sold me a minor league program from 1951 that is the complete illustrated history of the old Southern Association and my hometown Memphis Chicks (Chickasaws) entitled "50 Years With The Chicks" that is simply fantastic! One of the best purchases I ever made, and the communications with Phil that went along with it likewise.
PS - I would be willing to do a write-up (from afar). I would just need the facts and pics. I have had one book published, helped on several others, and have written several magazine articles that were published.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***
Old 07-12-2022, 10:35 AM
Andrew Aronstein

That's me (on the left) and my cousin on the program cover for the 5th National in 1984. I've still got the original artwork and would happy to loan it for display.

Old 07-12-2022, 11:11 AM

Thats a great piece.
Old 07-12-2022, 12:34 PM
Jeff H

B18343FC-677F-49FD-8234-F2CE545A41E6.jpeg
Dolly Niemiec Konwinski signing autographs at the National. She played in the AAGPBL.
Her son sets up at the National every year.
Old 07-12-2022, 01:04 PM
Vincent Hecksel

Default I am no rocket scientist but . . .

. . . wonder how much "recent" history of national shows is captured in
photographs in Archived section of Net54 Old Cardboard over the years ?
Old 07-12-2022, 01:40 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMA View Post
That's me (on the left) and my cousin on the program cover for the 5th National in 1984. I've still got the original artwork and would happy to loan it for display.

WOW is that super cool.
Old 07-12-2022, 02:32 PM
Scott Russell

Anyone have any pictures of Steve Werley set up at the National? He did 25 of them.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 07-12-2022, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Anyone have any pictures of Steve Werley set up at the National? He did 25 of them.
https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.co...ngs-dividends/
Old 08-19-2022, 12:18 PM

Are there any pictures of the completed historical display set up at the National? Would love to see them.
Old 08-19-2022, 01:47 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Carlton H. has archived a ton of historical National Convention pics, write-ups and articles on his website. You may really benefit by reaching out to him. Many various articles and photos are listed vertically year-by-year on the right side of the web page…

https://www.sportsantiques.com/about..._hendricks.htm

I cannot imagine a better resource.

Last edited by perezfan; 08-19-2022 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-19-2022, 07:20 PM

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Phil Regli was putting together a special display for the recent National. (See original post above). I was just wondering how it turned out.
Old 08-21-2022, 02:54 PM
Andrew Aronstein

I did get a shot of the 1984 material…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk