NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Administrator

Default How to post scans

Posted By: Paul

I don't seem to be able to post a scan of any picture larger than 10KB. That means I have to turn my scanner down to about 40 dpi to create a postable picture. That's almost illegible. How do the rest of you post higher quality scans? Thanks.

Old 11-26-2004, 08:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

I host my own pictures. Depnding on who your ISP is, almost all of them offer free web space for creating your own site. Learning to host your own pictures is pretty easy and this lets you post pictures as big as you want.

Jay

I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in.

Old 11-26-2004, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: hankron

This site should allow you to post a larger image, so it may have been a temporary glitch. I know that when uploading an icon, you sometimes have to wait for a while and it will work. I beleive Julie posts all her big pictures by uploadidng them to Net54.

Old 11-26-2004, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

photography Forum (also Network 54) has additional space--and the nice thing about Scott's is, you can erase pictures when you're finished with them, so you don't run out of room before they expire.

Often when I'm having trouble doing something, I write a post about it, and POOF, the problem disappears...of course, it COULD just be coincidental...

Old 11-28-2004, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Robert A

Why don't I get the "insert object" button anymore when I attempt to post?
Has this happened to anyone else or am I doing something stupid?

Old 11-29-2004, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bruce Babcock

This button does not appear for me either. However, if you copy and paste the web location of the JPEG you want to show directly into your post, this will achieve the same result.

http://www.network54.com/ Realm/uffda51/ T207Lewisback.JPG

A "realm" address will look something like the above, without the spaces. If I remove the spaces the JPEG will appear and then you can't see the address.

http://homepage.mac.com/ thurber51/.Pictures/ 19th%20cabs/Beaneater.JPG

An address from a personal web page would like something like the above, again without the spaces.

Old 11-29-2004, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Robert A

Thanks Bruce,
but I'm trying to upload pics from my hard drive, not from the web.

Old 11-29-2004, 11:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

I wasn't very clear. You can't post an image directly from your hard drive. If you first load an image from your hard drive to a "realm" which you create through your Network 54 account, you can then include those images in your post. If you log in to Network 54 and then go to MY ACCOUNT, and then look for REALMS under RESOURCES, and then CREATE A NEW REALM, you can then search your hard drive for the images you want to post. Your realm can hold 20 MB of images.

Old 11-29-2004, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Trae R.

Sorry edited because lnk no longer exists.

Old 11-29-2004, 12:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Robert

Thanks Bruce! I gotcha now.
and thanks Trae for doing that!