NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Administrator

Default Bud Teachout cards?

Posted By: Ken W.

Hey Guys,
A good friend of mine had a grandfather named Arthur "Bud" Teachout, who was a pitcher for the Cubs and Cards during the early 1930's. He actually went 11-4 with a 4.06 ERA during the 1930 season with Chicago, and even hit .270. Of course, that was a fantastic Cubs team, with 5 HOFers, including Hack Wilson and his astounding offensive totals.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any cards that might be obtainable for this rather obscure pitcher? He was only in the Bigs 3 years, but maybe some of you minor league collectors know of something. Appreciate any info.

Thanks,
Ken

Old 06-20-2007, 08:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

There is a 1928 Zeenut listed for a "Teachout"....I would assume that is him...can't find any other cards.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim Newcomb

Bud can be found in this set, which is obscure but not that expensive. I'd say set an ebay search for his surname and you will find one eventually.

(I could scan mine for you if you would like to see what it looks like)--

Tim

Old 06-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Thanks Guys. Yeah Tim, I would like to see your scan, if you could. I also discovered that he was on the 1930 Blue Ribbon Malt Cubs issue, though that one would probably be tougher. I really would like to grab something of him. Any diehard Cubs collectors: I would make it worth your while!

Ken

Old 06-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim Newcomb

Hi Ken,
I'd be interested how you found out that Bud is in the 1930 BRMalt set--

I know he is on the 1930 Blue Ribbon Malt poster, which is sometimes found cut up into "Cards" of different shapes and sizes. There are also 5x7 Blue Ribbon Malt photos (not from the poster) from 1930, which I actively collect and am trying to research. I have never been able to confirm a Teachout in that set. So I'd appreciate it if you could put me on the track of what you know--

Email me directly if you like at apspr@msn.com

Thanks,
tim

Old 06-20-2007, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: brian p

The 1928 Zeenut is indeed Arthur 'Bud' Teachout of Seattle--fortunately 1928 is one of the easier years to pick up, though Seattle cards are sometimes tough to come by.

Brian

Old 06-20-2007, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Hey Tim,
I was, indeed, speaking of the Blue Ribbon Malt sheet, which as you know, is often cut into individual cards. What I know, is simply what I read in the SCD catalog. Sorry for inadvertantly peeking your enthusiasm!

Ken

Old 06-25-2007, 10:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Well I thought I had his ZeeNut, but he just wasn't in the pile.

I think this is his only major league card, a 1931 Cubs Picture Pack card. I'm a bit of a Cardinal fan, I think this is the only card he was on individually in the majors, so it tickles me a bit to have it. He gave up 2 hits in his only inning of appearance with the Cards in 1932.

A lefty with a great rookie year, 11 and 4. He was 1 and 2 the next year, 1931. Then he was traded with HOFer Hack Wilson to the Cardinals for HOFer Burleigh Grimes.

Frank.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:12 PM

Default still interested?

Sorry to dredge up such an old thread, but I had no other way to communicate with the original poster - Ken W. Are you still interested in a Bud Teachout card? If so, I've got one.
- Dave
Old 01-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
Sorry to dredge up such an old thread, but I had no other way to communicate with the original poster - Ken W. Are you still interested in a Bud Teachout card? If so, I've got one.
- Dave
I think in this instance an old thread is fine. Most other times a new thread should be started. Good luck with it....
Old 01-12-2010, 10:32 AM
Ken Wirt

Hi Dave. I did acquire a 1931 Chicago Cubs Picture Pack card of Teachout, but I would be interested in knowing what you have. You can email me at kwi207@aol.com. Below is the card I have. Thanks.

Ken Wirt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bud Teachout.jpg (78.4 KB, 53 views)