NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Default Posting a good situation- Buy/Sell/Trade

Posted By: leon

We hear of so many bad things in our hobby I am always happy to post good ones. I am posting this for Joe P as he asked me to. He is on a leave of absence from us at the moment. Hopefully he will be back in the future but until then, here ya go.

I'm a firm believer in giving credit where credit is due.
I was one of the lucky guys that responded to a card sale held by Kyle Bicking's on your BST site.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/376260/thread/1196294594/last-1196518687/ALL+SOLD

While we have threads about the unintentional errors by sellers, buyers and the well meaning USPS that add up to a negative tone.
Why not have one that injects the positivity that also exist in this community.

Kyle started his sale of various cards on the 28TH Nov, and finally sold his last card on the 1st of DEC.
My deal for his T 210 Fox card was finalized on the 28th NOV.

I sent my check out on SAT the 1st of DEC ... when I returned from the Post office, there was my card waiting for me, in my mail box.
Well packaged, better than described ... and this should not go unnoticed by anyone on your board.
That Leon, is the epitome of a SUPER CLASS ACT.

Leon, do me, you and the board a favor.
Put it in what ever words you want, I feel that we both agree on the fact that this sort of action, deserves more than just equal time over the negativity.
Who knows ..... might even start some sort of a positive trend.

You gotta accentuate the positive!
Eliminate the negative.
Have faith, or pandemonium is libel to set upon the scene.
... and don't mess with Mr in between!

Yossel

edited typo in title

Old 12-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Kennedy

I love me some B/S/T. With the risk of jinxing myself, I have had endless transactions without a single problem.
Knock, Knock, Knock (that's me knocking on wood)

Old 12-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Al Simeone

Hi Leon,
I also have a very nice story for the Buy Sell Trade post. As you know I do alot in pins and have a Buy post in the Buy Sell Trade listings. I was contacted by Scott Gutwein who knew I had a Cameo Pepsin Dummy Hoy pin. He told me he had been looking for Hoy items but without much luck. He asked me if I still had the pin and would be willing to sell it to him. His reason was Scott has a 3 year old son who is Deaf. He is trying to put together a nice little collection for him and the theme is deaf ball players. I told him I had no problem selling him the pin. We came to an agreement on price. Scott sent a check right away and I fedexed the pin to him. He ended up sending the pin out to PSA and he told me it came back a 5. Scott is a true gentleman and a pleasure to work with. He couldnt have thanked me enough as Hoy items are hard to find. I was happy to see the pin go to a good home where someone is really going to enjoy it. Scott A true pleasure! Enjoy it!

Old 12-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Evanov

Not from BST, but when I posted my Blue Bird Ruth here, Kyle e-mailed me a great article about the card!! Nice guy.

Frank

Old 12-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Turner Engle

I also received my card from Kyle today. Fast shipping and very nice card... perfect B/S/T transaction. Thanks Kyle.

Old 12-04-2007, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kyle

Thanks for the nice comments, very flattering.

Just do me a favor, pay it forward... its so easy to do.