NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-14-2023, 11:43 AM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Default Banned in Florida

Well my choices of on-line vendors to purchase pre-war has been reduced by two:
1. PWCC - It is impossible, at least in my experience, to deal with these people under their new management with a flawed business model. I was barred for not making payment less than 10 hours after an auction ended and things went downhill after that. I will spare you the details but my head still hurts.
2. Greg Morris - I have been barred here because of perceived negative comments made on our board about current grading standards when my '49 Bowman Spahn, bought from them, got kicked back by the Ebay authentication program.
PWCC is certainly for the best, and I will say Greg certainly has thin skin for such a mild comment I made.
Old 12-14-2023, 12:02 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

You really shouldn't care this much. PWCC is a criminal fraud ring; being banned by them is really not that big of a problem.

In April, you made a thread calling out a relatively small issue with them and said you would not do business with them: https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=334797

In September, you were back with them and making a new thread about them, complaining about the result of sending them an insulting email : https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=339913

In October, you made thread #3 complaining about a ban. https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=342064

This is thread #4 of the year on the PWCC issue.

Greg Morris gave wrong information about a card's condition, the authentication program rejected it, and then you made a thread with a series of claims about the card and experience that didn't make sense and turned out to be mostly false (https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=327430). It was not rejected for not being authentic as you claimed, and your refund story where you again appear to have sent rude memos to the wrong people in your own telling.

I know I'm going to sound like an ass, but if you make false accusations about people or send them insulting memos they are likely to not want to do further business with you for the obvious reasons. At least know that if you do that to people they aren't going likely to continue dealing with you. You really should stop letting fraudsters live rent free in your head for peace of mind. There are plenty of decent folks out there selling and trading cards to enjoy and make good mutually beneficial deals with; you don't need PWCC.
Old 12-14-2023, 12:20 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
You really shouldn't care this much. PWCC is a criminal fraud ring; being banned by them is really not that big of a problem.

In April, you made a thread calling out a relatively small issue with them and said you would not do business with them: https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=334797

In September, you were back with them and making a new thread about them, complaining about the result of sending them an insulting email : https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=339913

In October, you made thread #3 complaining about a ban. https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=342064

This is thread #4 of the year on the PWCC issue.

Greg Morris gave wrong information about a card's condition, the authentication program rejected it, and then you made a thread with a series of claims about the card and experience that didn't make sense and turned out to be mostly false (https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=327430). It was not rejected for not being authentic as you claimed, and your refund story where you again appear to have sent rude memos to the wrong people in your own telling.

I know I'm going to sound like an ass, but if you make false accusations about people or send them insulting memos they are likely to not want to do further business with you for the obvious reasons. At least know that if you do that to people they aren't going likely to continue dealing with you. You really should stop letting fraudsters live rent free in your head for peace of mind. There are plenty of decent folks out there selling and trading cards to enjoy and make good mutually beneficial deals with; you don't need PWCC.
To the bold part. Are you referring to the current, former, or both owners of PWCC? Aren't they the PSA/Goldin/PWCC triangle of greatness now?
Old 12-14-2023, 12:23 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Greg, you certainly didn't take long to take me to task. I wish now I didn't make the post but thought others might find it interesting. You are right about my confusion and expressed exasperation about the the '49 Bowman Spahn, where I really got the wrong end of the stick. The thing is I still wanted the card, regardless of Ebay's ruling, but had no say in the matter. The fact that I kept looking in the wrong account for my refund is on me. I don't recall anything insulting said about Greg Morris only that I and others felt that his card grading standards had slipped a bit.
Can we declare a truce? This is not worth prolonging.
Old 12-14-2023, 01:03 PM

Default Oh No .

A lot of us just made popcorn.

Old 12-14-2023, 01:48 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

I'm definitely eager to see where this goes as well.

At the same time, it does seem like Yoda has more than his fair share of trouble with various sellers. Of course, my first post here was about a major AH and some excitement I was having. They didn't officially ban me, but I suspect the CEO won't be sending me a Christmas card anytime soon. So I suppose we all are due for some unnecessary nonsense from sellers from time to time.

Maybe Yoda just buys a lot more, so if 1% of his deals go bad, it happens more often than with the rest of us?

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel
Old 12-14-2023, 03:23 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

I can assure you that PWCC does not ban anyone for non-payment within 10 hours of auction end.

Also, several people have expressed concern about GM grades not being quite as reliable as they used to be. Even Greg himself made note of how difficult it is to find good graders or to train graders in a recent podcast interview where he stated that he is no longer doing the grading himself (or at least no longer doing all the grading, which he used to do). I don't know of anyone else that has been banned for making such statements. I've even said this myself, yet no repercussions have come my way.

I suspect if you're being banned, it likely has something to do with something other than not paying within 10 hours of auction end and something other than saying someone's grades aren't as accurate as they used to be.
Old 12-15-2023, 11:25 AM
Kevin Coh3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
I'm definitely eager to see where this goes as well.

At the same time, it does seem like Yoda has more than his fair share of trouble with various sellers. Of course, my first post here was about a major AH and some excitement I was having. They didn't officially ban me, but I suspect the CEO won't be sending me a Christmas card anytime soon. So I suppose we all are due for some unnecessary nonsense from sellers from time to time.

Maybe Yoda just buys a lot more, so if 1% of his deals go bad, it happens more often than with the rest of us?
Typically if someone has a ton of disagreements with many people and businesses and its a pattern, it's NOT usually those being complained about that are the problem, there is always one common denominator...
Old 12-14-2023, 04:11 PM
Al Stein

Yoda, you are always welcome here on Net 54 at least. I for one hope you please keep posting your Emily Litella tributes.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Old 12-14-2023, 04:29 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Thanks, Al. I needed that.
Old 12-18-2023, 07:21 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Well my choices of on-line vendors to purchase pre-war has been reduced by two:
1. PWCC - It is impossible, at least in my experience, to deal with these people under their new management with a flawed business model. I was barred for not making payment less than 10 hours after an auction ended and things went downhill after that. I will spare you the details but my head still hurts.
2. Greg Morris - I have been barred here because of perceived negative comments made on our board about current grading standards when my '49 Bowman Spahn, bought from them, got kicked back by the Ebay authentication program.
PWCC is certainly for the best, and I will say Greg certainly has thin skin for such a mild comment I made.
1. No need to support the biggest scammer in the history of the hobby and the group that purchased them and will be BK in 5 years.

2. I was barred by GM for returning 2-trimmed and colored cards. 1 was caught during the E-bay process with clear pictures they did not show.

The other was a red man that was trimmed and outed by SGC. The nice guy i spoke to @GM said returning the trimmed card, I wouldn't be banned when I asked, . The jokes on him. I was. We'll Greg Morris, my local guy is scraped from my trust as the one my family is to send my raw cards to sell. They relisted the card 2 grades higher as Min Size req not met and it sold for the same price. Good for Greg Morris. Great business plan. I' don't know how I will ever live without these 2 leaches. I'll spend my 50K a year somewhere else.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 12-18-2023 at 07:28 PM.
Old 12-18-2023, 07:49 PM
Al Stein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
1. No need to support the biggest scammer in the history of the hobby and the group that purchased them and will be BK in 5 years.

2. I was barred by GM for returning 2-trimmed and colored cards. 1 was caught during the E-bay process with clear pictures they did not show.

The other was a red man that was trimmed and outed by SGC. The nice guy i spoke to @GM said returning the trimmed card, I wouldn't be banned when I asked, . The jokes on him. I was. We'll Greg Morris, my local guy is scraped from my trust as the one my family is to send my raw cards to sell. They relisted the card 2 grades higher as Min Size req not met and it sold for the same price. Good for Greg Morris. Great business plan. I' don't know how I will ever live without these 2 leaches. I'll spend my 50K a year somewhere else.
I am not sure I followed your post completely. Why would GM ban you for returning cards?

Old 12-19-2023, 12:33 AM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorditadogg View Post
I am not sure I followed your post completely. Why would GM ban you for returning cards?

They don't. I've returned trimmed cards to GM with no issues. Sometimes they miss stuff. They're human. When they do, I provide good pics showing the issue. If it's a trimmed card, I show it against a ruler with a close-up photo of the trimmed edge. I've never had a problem.
Old 12-19-2023, 06:06 AM

You'd certainly think and expect that showing your evidence and wording yourself in a polite manner would work out fine for all parties with a company such as that.

I've never had any issues with them, but I rarely buy unsigned cards. I'm usually outbid when dealing with GM. They get their strong prices for most of what I've been interested in. The only time I fared well was with a Kaline RC that was listed as "Low Grade/Marked". "Low Grade"? Assuredly. The "Marked" was a career-era ballpoint autograph.

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 12-19-2023 at 06:10 AM.
Old 12-19-2023, 07:59 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
They don't. I've returned trimmed cards to GM with no issues. Sometimes they miss stuff. They're human. When they do, I provide good pics showing the issue. If it's a trimmed card, I show it against a ruler with a close-up photo of the trimmed edge. I've never had a problem.
There is more to the story, I guarantee it. I know Greg pretty well and he doesn't ban folks for no reason. It's like banning a member here. That is the last thing we want done.
Old 12-19-2023, 08:18 AM
octavio ranzola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
There is more to the story, I guarantee it. I know Greg pretty well and he doesn't ban folks for no reason. It's like banning a member here. That is the last thing we want done.
correct leon gregg is a good honest person,story makes no sense.and who cares

Last edited by rjackson44; 12-19-2023 at 08:19 AM.
Old 12-20-2023, 04:01 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I'd like to know what it was then Leon? Maybe it was a internal note I sent after E-bay contacted me for the colored card? Thanking them for selling me an obvious colored and creased card that wasn't noted or shown in their pictures...I DID SHOW the debacle on this BLOG when it happened. maybe they didn't like that? I have ZERO IDEA I don't really know and I don't really care why if I'm being honest. I don't know Greg from Adam. I guarantee that!!!!

https://www.net54baseball.com/showpo...75&postcount=5

I have purchased At least 100K worth of cards on this site alone without 1 issues over the years. ZERO. I have enjoyed it very much in fact. Thanks, Chuck

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 12-20-2023 at 04:15 PM. Reason: added the post
Old 12-20-2023, 03:56 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
I've heard it through this website before that's EXACTLY what they do. I have been buying online from them for years with no issues. After returning 2 cards, 1 through e-bay authenticity, That's exactly what happened. No other reason why my bids would be blocked? Like i said, I could care less. If they can't tell trimmed and colored subjects in their raw cards...AND their grading sucks for the last year if I'm being honest. My eyes hurt and I CAN'T SEE buying anymore of their fake slop.